Not only cycling outdoors, exercising with a stationary bicycle indoors also has many health benefits. In addition, with regular static cycling, your body will be fitter and stronger.
A stationary bicycle is a practical, safe, and easy exercise tool. This tool can be the right alternative for those of you who want to cycle but don't have much free time, or don't want to go outside and be exposed to air pollution, especially when environmental and weather conditions are not favorable.
In addition, static cycling can also be a great choice for those of you who have balance problems, so you can minimize the risk of injury. Even if it is done indoors, you don't need to worry, a stationary bike can provide benefits that are not inferior to a regular bicycle outdoors.
Benefits of Static Bikes for Body Health
Here are some of the benefits of exercising on a stationary bike when done regularly:
1. Reduce and control weight
Routine static cycling can be the right choice to reduce and control weight. This sport is good for burning fat and increasing the body's metabolism. In 1 exercise session on a stationary bike for 45 minutes, you can burn approximately 400–600 calories.
To get the optimal benefits of stationary bikes, you can balance them with a low-calorie diet. Some studies state that regular static cycling plus a healthy diet can help you lose weight while reducing bad cholesterol levels in the body.
2. Strengthen the muscles and joints of the body
Cycling on a regular bicycle or stationary bike is good for strengthening and toning the muscles of the back, stomach, shoulders, arms, legs, and thighs. Not only that, cycling is also beneficial in strengthening the bones and joints of the body, as well as preventing and helping relieve joint diseases, for example osteoarthritis.
In addition, several studies have also stated that static cycling is one of the sports with minimal risk of injury, so it is good for the elderly who are prone to experiencing body balance problems.
3. Improve body fitness and stamina
Exercising on a stationary bicycle can strengthen muscles and joints while increasing energy in the body. Thus, your body will become fitter and have higher stamina, so you don't get tired easily.
You can get the benefits of this static bike, as long as you regularly do it for 30 minutes per day or at least 150 minutes per week.
4. Maintain a healthy heart and blood vessels
Static cycling is also a good way to improve heart and blood vessel health. This exercise can make blood flow more smoothly, control blood pressure, and prevent blockages in blood vessels (atherosclerosis).
With good performance of the heart and blood vessels, your risk for various diseases, such as stroke, heart attack, and high blood pressure, will also be reduced.
5. Improve sleep quality
Exercising on a stationary bike while accompanied by upbeat music can help reduce stress and stress. As a result, you may become more refreshed, energized, and can sleep soundly.
6. Prevent and reduce back pain
Cycling is a good exercise option to help treat back pain problems. This exercise can strengthen the muscles and joints of the back, as well as improve posture.
However, when you want to use a stationary bike or a regular bicycle to relieve back pain, you need to keep your posture straight. To be safer and more suitable for use, you can use a bicycle that has been specifically designed for back pain sufferers.
y thingsneed Considerations Before Buying a Static Bike
Static cycling can be done at home or at the gym. If you want to do it regularly at home and intend to buy a stationary bike, you should pay attention to the following points:
- Purchase a stationary bike from a trusted fitness center or sporting goods store.
- Choose a stationary bike according to your needs and comfort, for example an electronic stationary bike, a manual, a stationary bike that pedals upright, or a bike that can be pedaled lying down.
- Ask the type and brand that suits your needs and budget You're on a friend who has previously been active on stationary cycling or on a fitness trainer.
- Choose a stationary bike that comes with a warranty, good safety features, service contact details, and a manual for operating the tool.
- Make sure you've tried using a stationary bike before buying it.
Guide Exercising on a Static Bike
So that you can get the maximum benefits of a stationary bicycle, there are some important tips for you to follow when you want to exercise with this tool, namely:
- Read the instructions for using the stationary bike carefully and make sure the bicycle seat and handlebars are in the correct position.
- Drink enough water before, during, and after static cycling.
- Get enough energy by eating healthy foods, such as bananas or whole grain bread, at least 30 minutes before cycling.
- Start your stationary bike workout slowly and gradually. For example, aim for 10 minutes a day for those of you who are just starting to train. After that, you can increase the duration and intensity of the exercise according to your body's ability.
- Sit back in a stationary bicycle seat and relax your upper body, supporting your back with your abdominal muscles. Try to keep your neck and shoulder muscles relaxed during stationary cycling.
- Wear shorts for a more comfortable workout.
- Set music that can be adapted to the stationary bike training phase, such as a song upbeat when you pedal a bicycle at a relatively high speed and a slow-pitched song as you pedal slowly while catching your breath.
If you join a fitness center or gym, try to join a stationary bike workout 3-5 times a week for 45-60 minutes.
That's a variety of information about the benefits of stationary bikes and guides for its use. If you still have questions about the benefits of static bicycles for health or you are still hesitant to start this sport, you can consult a doctor.