Natural facial cleansers can be your choice to get smooth and healthy facial skin. In addition, you can also make it yourself at home using natural ingredients that are easy to find, so it is more practical and the price is affordable.
Facial skin looks clean, smooth, and healthy is everyone's dream. Various products and methods of facial skin care were carried out to make it happen. However, the chemical content in the products used are not necessarily suitable for skin conditions.
As an alternative, you can switch to using natural ingredients to make your own facial cleanser. However, it is important to first identify your skin type so that the ingredients you choose can suit your skin conditions and problems.
Natural Facial Cleansing Ingredients and How to Make it
There are several natural facial cleanser recipes that you can try to make yourself at home, including:
1. Apple and honey
Honey can have antibacterial properties and is able to nourish and moisturize the skin. Meanwhile, apples contain acidic compounds that can remove dead skin cells and encourage skin regeneration. Both of these natural ingredients are good for oily or acne-prone skin.
Here's how to make a facial cleanser from apples and honey:
- 1 ripe apple, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon jojoba oil
How to make
- Puree the apple by means of a blender or grated.
- Add a few drops of warm water to dissolve the honey which is too thick.
- Mix honey with apple and jojoba oil.
- Mix well.
Apply these ingredients in circular motions on your face for 30-60 seconds. Let stand for 5 minutes, then rinse with warm water. If you don't use all of it, you can store leftovers in the refrigerator.
2. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains ingredients that can fight acne-causing bacteria. However, do not apply apple cider vinegar directly to the skin because it can irritate the skin.
Here's how to make and use a natural facial cleanser from apple cider vinegar:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 3 tablespoons of clean water in a bowl.
- First remove the dirt on the face using make-up remover or micellar water.
- Apply the apple cider vinegar solution on your face and leave it on for 10–20 seconds.
- Rinse your face with clean water, then dry with a soft towel.
Cucumber has a soothing and hydrating effect on the skin. Not only that, cucumber is also good for acne prone skin because it can reduce irritation and inflammation.
How to make a natural facial cleanser from cucumber is as follows:
- Half a cucumber mashed with blender
- 1 teaspoon unflavored yogurt
- 1 cup oatmeal
How to make and use it
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Apply the mixture of ingredients that have been mashed to the face.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes, then wash your face with warm water.
4. Aloe vera
Aloe vera moisturizes and hydrates the skin, making it good for dry skin. Its antioxidant content can also relieve redness that is usually experienced by sensitive skin.
You only need 1/2 cup of rose water and 1/2 cup of aloe vera to make it. Mix the two ingredients, then apply on cleansed skin. After that, dry it with a soft towel by patting it gently.
5. Moil distance (castor oil)
Castor oil can be used as a natural facial cleanser in techniques double cleansing. This oil is also suitable for cleaning oily, dry, and normal skin.
Castor oil is believed to reduce wrinkles, moisturize the skin, and treat acne. In addition, this oil is also anti-inflammatory, so it is good for dealing with dry and irritated skin.
Here are the materials needed and how to make them:
- Dry skin: teaspoon castor oil plus teaspoon olive oil
- Normal and oily skin: teaspoon castor oil plus teaspoon jojoba oil
How to make and use
- Apply the oil mixture on dry facial skin.
- Massage for 1-2 minutes to remove any remaining cosmetic or dirt.
- Use a towel that has been dipped in warm water to remove the oil.
- You can continue to clean your face with a gentle facial cleanser or apply moisturizer directly.
Some Natural Ingredients to Avoid
Some natural ingredients are believed to be able to overcome skin problems. However, there are some ingredients that you should avoid in making face masks or natural facial cleansers, namely:
Water or lemon juice is acidic, so it can dry out your skin and cause skin irritation. Lemons can also make the skin more sensitive to sunlight, increasing the risk of dark spots.
Baking soda has a pH that is not in accordance with the pH of the skin, so it can strip the skin of natural moisture and make the skin dry.
Sugar has long been used as a scrub naturally to remove dead skin cells. However, sugar granules have a rough texture so they are considered too harsh for facial skin.
In addition to some examples of natural facial cleansers above, natural ways to get a clean face are by eating nutritious foods, drinking water, getting enough rest, and using sunscreen when doing activities in the sun.
If natural facial cleansers or other skin care products are not able to solve the skin problems you are experiencing, consult a doctor to get the appropriate treatment for your facial skin condition.