Antimania or mood stabilizer is a group of drugs used to control mood or moodin people with bipolar disorder, which can be either a depressive episode or a manic episode.
Although it is not yet known how it works, antimania is believed to work to control mood.mood) by affecting levels of special chemicals in the brain, namely neurotransmitters, such as dopamine, GABA, or serotonin.
Antimania will reduce the frequency of mood swings and relieve symptoms including anxiety or inappropriate behavior in people with bipolar disorder.
Some drugs, which belong to the antimania class, are also used to treat epilepsy or schizoaffective disorder. This medicine can only be used with a prescription and doctor's instructions.
The following are some types of drugs belonging to antimania:
WarningBefore Using Antimania
Antimania should not be used carelessly. Follow the doctor's recommendations and advice when undergoing treatment with antimania. Before using antimania, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- Tell your doctor about any allergies you have. Antimania should not be used by someone who is allergic to drugs belonging to this class of drugs.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any supplements, herbal products, or medications, including birth control pills or antidepressants.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning a pregnancy.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have had liver disease, heart disease, heart rhythm disturbances, kidney disease, diabetes, hypotension, dementia, diarrhea, sleep apnea, glaucoma, porphyria, psoriasis, or thyroid disease.
- Tell your doctor if you have ever had drug abuse or alcohol addiction.
- Do not drive a vehicle or perform activities that require alertness while you are taking antimanic drugs, as these drugs can cause dizziness and drowsiness.
- See your doctor right away if you have an allergic reaction to a medication, a serious side effect, or an overdose after using an antimania drug.
Side Effects and Dangers of Antimania
Antimania or mood stabilizer can cause different side effects, depending on the characteristics of each drug and the condition of the user. The following are some of the side effects that may arise due to the use of antimania drugs:
- Drowsiness or tiredness
- Tremors or shaking
- Hair loss
- Weight gain
- Nausea, diarrhea, or stomach pain
- Changes in sexual arousal
- Blurred vision or double vision
- Dizziness or headache
- Confusion or anxiety
- Frequent urination or infrequent urination
Check with your doctor if side effects occur as mentioned above. See a doctor immediately if your symptoms get worse or if you have an allergic reaction to the drug which can be characterized by certain symptoms, such as an itchy rash, swelling of the eyelids and lips, or shortness of breath.
Types, Trademarks and Dosages of Antimania
The dose of antimania is determined by the doctor based on the type and form of the drug, as well as the age and condition of the patient. The following are the types of antiarrhythmic drugs:
To find out the dosage and more information about this drug, please visit the asenapine drug page.
Trademarks: Abilify, Aripi, Abilify Discmelt, Aripraz-10, Aripiprazole, Ariski, Avram, Zonia-15, Zipren 15 ODT
To find out the dosage and more information about this drug, please visit the aripiprazole drug page.
Trademarks: Bamgetol 200, Carbamazepine, Tegretol, Tegretol CR
To find out the dosage and more information about this drug, please visit the carbamazepine drug page.
Trademarks: Frimania 200, Frimania 400
To find out the dosage and more information about this drug, please visit the lithium drug page.
Trademarks: Lamictal, Lamiros 50, Lamiros 100
To find out the dosage and more information about this drug, please visit the lamotrigine drug page.
Trademarks: Olanzapine, Olzan, Onzapin, Remital, Sopavel, Sopavel 5 ODT, Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis
To find out the dosage and more information about this drug, please visit the olanzapine drug page.
Trademarks: Q-Pin XR, Quetvell, Quetiapine Fumarate, Seroquel, Soroquin XR
To find out the dosage and more information about this drug, please visit the quetiapine drug page.
Trademarks: Neripros, Noprenia, Respirex, Risperdal, Risperdal Consta, Risperidone, Rizodal-3
To find out the dosage and more information about this drug, please visit the risperidone drug page.
Trademarks: Sodium Valproate, Valeptic, Valpi
To find out the dosage and more information about this drug, please visit the valproate drug page.