Not only because of thirst and hunger, your little one can be fussy because of other problems,you know, one of them skin problems. Even though Mother is very skilled at taking care of the Little One, at any time she can be exposed to various skin problems such as diaper rash, prickly heat, acne, and acne. other-other.
Taking care of a baby who is still a baby is not easy. Mothers are required to always maintain cleanliness, because skin diseases can attack anyone, including your baby. Newborn baby's skin is prone to various rashes and other skin problems. Fortunately, most of these rashes are harmless and will go away on their own.
3 Skin Problems That Often Occur in Babies
Itching on your little one's skin reflex makes him scratch, and that can make his skin blisters. Of course, you don't want it if your little one's smooth skin turns red, scaly, and itchy because of various skin problems that can attack him? For that, you must know what causes your little one's skin problems. Here are some skin problems that are often experienced by babies and how to avoid them, including:
- Prickly heat
Prickly heat is a small, raised, red rash that is itchy and can cause a stinging or stinging sensation, such as prickling the skin. Prickly heat can appear anywhere on a person's body, but usually appears on the neck, face, back, chest, or thighs a few days after exposure to heat. Babies and children are more at risk for prickly heat, this is because their sweat glands are not fully developed. There are several ways that you can do to treat your little one's prickly heat, including using loose clothes for your baby, moving your little one to a shady or cooler place, using a cotton towel to absorb sweat, bathing your little one using warm water. (or you can add 2 teaspoons of baking soda per 3.8 liters to the bath water to help with prickly heat). In addition, you can also use powder for your little one that contains Witch Hazel and Calamine. Witch Hazel is believed to be useful for skin that is experiencing itching, inflammation or swelling, bruises, wounds from insect bites, and other skin irritations. While Calamine is soothing and protects the skin from minor skin irritations, such as prickly heat. By using a powder that contains these two ingredients, your baby's skin becomes calm and free from prickly heat irritation.
- Diaper rash
Diaper rash usually occurs in infants and children under 2 years of age, and is around the diaper area. Most diaper rashes are caused by the friction of your little one's sensitive skin with a wet diaper. This condition will cause red skin in the diaper area. In addition, diaper rash is also caused by fungi and allergies (to tissues, diapers, detergents, soaps, lotions). The way to deal with this is that your baby's skin must be cleaned using a special baby soap with a very mild chemical content and avoid rubbing his skin because it can irritate it. In addition, change the diaper frequently to keep the skin dry and clean, and don't use wipes that contain alcohol or fragrance to clean your little one's skin. Also use a special cream for your little one that contains Zinc Oxide, Allantoin, and Witch Hazel. Zinc Oxide is a skin protector to treat and prevent diaper rash, while Allantoin and Witch Hazel are also believed to treat baby diaper rash and other minor skin irritations.
- Acne in babies
Although this is a common and frequent condition, the cause of acne in babies is still not known for sure. Baby acne is defined as small red bumps or pimples that develop on your baby's face or body. Usually, acne will go away on its own, even without any treatment. Just like acne in teenagers and adults, acne in babies is in the form of lumps or nodules, like acne in general. These pimples can grow on your little one's face, but are more common on the cheeks and even on their backs. To help clear up acne on your baby, the doctor will give you a cream or ointment. Don't use acne medications, face washes, and lotions without a doctor's advice, because your little one's skin is very sensitive and it can make your baby's acne worse. To prevent acne in your little one, you can also use special soap for your baby that contains fruit rich in antioxidants, such as blueberries. Antioxidants can help fight diseases, such as acne in your little one. In addition, soap containing vitamins A and C is also good for skin health.
Memchoose Baby Skin Care Products
In addition to knowing the cause of skin problems in your little one, you also have to know how to choose products for your little one, such as shampoo, lotion, soap, and others. This special baby product can help the mother to give the best care for the little one's skin. Here are various ways to choose products for your baby:
- Read product labels carefully. Baby skin care products that contain dyes, fragrances, and chemicals can irritate your baby's skin and respiratory tract.
- Look for free products phthalates and parabens, because the two chemicals are potentially harmful to the Little One.
- If you want to use powder, choose baby powder that is free of talc and cornstarch in powder form. Both of these ingredients can cause respiratory problems in your little one, and try not to powder his face.
- Mothers can choose products for their little ones that contain honey. Why honey? Because honey contains protein, amino acids, vitamins, enzymes, minerals, and others that have good benefits for your little one's skin. Honey is antimicrobial, which can prevent pathogenic infections. Honey also helps in skin rejuvenation, inhibits the formation of wrinkles, and is skin soothing.
- In addition, you can choose the content of essential oils such as chamomile in your baby's products. In babies who are over 3 months old, some essential oils can be used to help your little one sleep, and make him calm. Chamomile is beneficial for babies who have sleep problems. This herb has a calming effect, and is traditionally used to treat insomnia in infants as well as adults. The aroma of chamomile can also overcome fussiness in your little one you know Bun.
- Choose products that are made especially for babies, such as shampoo that doesn't hurt the eyes and special bath soap for babies. Also make sure to keep your little one's skin moist by using a special lotion for him, okay? Bun.
By knowing the cause of the problem on your little one's skin, you can immediately minimize it. Don't forget to always accompany your little one wholeheartedly so that your little one feels comfortable, and always use products that are specifically designed for babies. Do not use adult products for your little one so that your baby can avoid various skin problems.