Cassava leaves are not only delicious in processed vegetables, but also contain higher protein than other vegetables. Let's get acquainted with the benefits of cassava leaves and the content in it.
You may not have imagined before that cassava leaves contain high protein, including when compared to spinach. In addition to containing protein, cassava leaves are high-fiber foods.
Benefits of Cassava Leaves
Protein in cassava leaves is needed by the body to replace protein lost through hair, skin, and body tissues. While fiber is needed to absorb water and facilitate digestion. Below are some of the benefits of cassava leaves based on the protein and fiber content in them:
- Rich protein
The protein content in cassava leaves is believed to help the production of hormones and enzymes needed by the body, as well as repair and form body tissues. Eating foods that contain protein can make a person feel full longer. Therefore, cassava leaves are also suitable for those of you who want to lose weight.
- height sclose
Cassava leaves can be one of your daily menu choices that are losing weight, because of the fiber content it has. Cassava leaves have a fairly high fiber content and are thought to provide several benefits, such as losing weight and maintaining digestive health.
Recipes from Cassava Leaves
To feel the benefits of cassava leaves, you can process them according to taste. One menu that might be your choice is stir-fried cassava leaves. To make it, you can listen to the recipe below.
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cloves of red onion, chopped
- Ginger to taste
- 4 pieces of red chili, cut according to taste
- Salt and sugar, to taste
- kg of cassava leaves that have been boiled first, then cut into pieces
- Dried tamban fish or replace according to taste
How to cook:
- Saute onion, garlic, ginger and chili.
- When it smells good, add a little water.
- Add cassava leaves and add more water.
- Then add the tamban fish or any additional ingredients you want.
- Then add salt and sugar according to your taste.
- If it is cooked and the water has reduced enough, remove and serve.
The benefits of cassava leaves for the body are quite a lot, but you are not advised to consume them raw. Because, cassava leaves and roots contain cyanide which is harmful to the body. If you feel symptoms of allergies or poisoning after consuming cassava leaves, contact your doctor immediately.