The benefits of lime not only refresh the throat, but also become one of the best sources of antioxidants to prevent damage to cells in the body. To feel the benefits, you can start eating limes every day.
In addition to containing antioxidants, limes are also rich in potassium, calcium, magnesium, and vitamins A, B, C, and D which are important for the body. With its content, the benefits of lime are not only used for health, but can also be processed into oil and cosmetic ingredients.
Various Benefits of Lemons
According to a number of studies, there are some interesting lime benefits to know, including:
- Guard heart healthLemon juice can help maintain heart health because of the magnesium and potassium content it has. Potassium can help stabilize blood pressure, lower cholesterol levels in the blood vessels, and improve blood circulation. That way, the risk of stroke and heart attack, and other heart disorders will decrease.
- Help lose weightOne of the most sought-after benefits of lime is that it helps you lose weight. The citric acid in limes can help increase the body's metabolism and burn more calories. However, the benefits of lime will not be too significant if it is not balanced with regular exercise every day.
- Fights infection-causing bacteriaCholera-causing bacteria can enter through food and can cause poisoning if the food is consumed. The benefits of limes can also fight one type of bacteria that can cause food poisoning, namely E.coli bacteria. In addition, limes can also increase the body's immune system to fight infections, either due to viruses or bacteria.
- Maintain nerve function and prevent cancer
Not only contains vitamins, limes also contain minerals that play an important role for the body. Lime contains potassium which is useful for maintaining blood pressure and nerve function. Meanwhile, the antioxidant content in limes can help repair damaged cells, as well as prevent cancer.
- Relieves pain insufferer anemiaLime can be used to help treat anemia, especially sickle cell anemia. In this condition, the spinal cord actually produces red blood cells that are sickle-shaped and deformed. This can lead to chronic fatigue, as well as constant pain. The benefits of lime are believed to reduce the pain.
If you are interested in experiencing the benefits of lime, you can consume it as a drink mixed with water every day as a complementary ingredient to your cooking. The following is a recipe for lime sauce that can be a companion to fish, chicken, or even stir-fried vegetables.
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- cup chicken stock, no salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
How to make:
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave bowl and stir until they are evenly combined.
- Place the bowl with the batter in the microwave and cook for about 2 minutes on high.
- Cook until the sauce thickens and looks clear.
- When done, pour the lime sauce over the fried or braised fish or chicken. Serve while warm.
After knowing the benefits of lime, you can start to include this fruit in your list of foods and drinks every day. Take advantage of this refreshing lime with a variety of recipes or drinks.