Baby&Me Organic is an organic formula that can be used as a complementary milk or a substitute for breast milk when needed. Baby&Me Organic is intended for babies aged 0-12 months.
Formula milk is made from cow's milk that has been processed to meet the nutritional needs of babies. Formula-producing cows are sometimes given injections of growth hormone and antibiotics to encourage milk production. In addition, the grass eaten by cows is also given pesticide spray to free from pests.
This condition is different from organic formula milk produced by cows which have been confirmed to have not received antibiotics and artificial growth hormones. Organic milk-producing cows also eat pesticide-free grass.
According to one study, organic formula milk has a higher nutritional value than regular formula. But keep in mind, breast milk is still the best choice and the main nutritional intake for babies. Therefore, it is recommended to give breast milk until the child is 2 years old, or at least until he is 6 months old.
Types and Ingredients of Baby&Me Organic
Baby&Me Organic is available in two product variants, namely Baby&Me Organic First Infant Milk for babies aged 0-6 months, and Baby&Me Organic Follow-on Milk for babies aged 6-12 months.
The following is the nutritional content of Organic Baby&Me Organic First Infant Milk and Baby&Me Organic Follow-on Milk in every 100 ml serving:
|Content||Baby&Me Organic First Infant Milk||Baby&Me Organic Follow-on Milk|
|Total energy||65 kcal||65 kcal|
|Total fat||3.6 g||3.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||6.5 g||7.0 g|
|Fiber||0.6 g||0.60 g|
|Protein||1.5 g||2.0 g|
|Salt||0.05 g||0.07 g|
|Vitamin A||77 mcg||82 mcg|
|Vitamin D3||1.0 mcg||1.1 mcg|
|Vitamin E||1.8 mg||1.0 mg|
|Vitamin K1||5.4 mcg||7.3 mcg|
|Vitamin C||10 mg||11 mg|
|Vitamin B1||75 mcg||56 mcg|
|Vitamin B2||150 mcg||140 mcg|
|Vitamin B3||520 mcg||460 mcg|
|Vitamin B6||41 mcg||58 mcg|
|Folic acid||13 mcg||9.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B12||0.26 mcg||0.27 mcg|
|Biotin||2.3 mcg||3.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B5||460 mcg||400 mcg|
|Sodium||21 mg||27 mg|
|Potassium||67 mg||88 mg|
|Chloride||42 mg||62 mg|
|Calcium||52 mg||78 mg|
|Phosphor||32 mg||53 mg|
|Magnesium||5.2 mg||6.3 mg|
|Iron||0.58 mg||0.92 mg|
|Zinc||0.59 mg||0.62 mg|
|Copper||39 mcg||41 mcg|
|Manganese||8.8 mcg||8.2 mcg|
|Fluoride||<65 mcg||<65 mcg|
|Selenium||1.9 mcg||2.0 mcg|
|Iodine||12 mcg||13 mcg|
|Vitamin B8||4.1 mg||-|
|FOS||0.06 g||0.06 g|
|GOS||0.54 g||0.55 g|
Warnings Before Using Baby&Me Organic:
- Pay attention to the expiration date on the bottom of the package, before using Baby&Me Organic.
- Serve Baby&Me Organic according to package directions and age. Do not change the ratio of the water to the milk ratio.
- Each serving of Baby&Me Organic is for one drink. Discard the remaining milk in the milk bottle, if up to 2 hours is not spent.
- Discard the remaining milk in the package if it has been more than 3 weeks after the milk packaging has been opened.
- Close the Baby&Me Organic packaging tightly after every use. Always place the packaging in a dry place and do not expose it to water.
Dosage and Instructions for Use Baby&Me Organic
Below is the dosage of using Baby&Me Organic which is divided based on the baby's age:
|Age||Water dose||Milk dose||Consumption/day|
|0-2 weeks||60 ml||2 spoon||8 times|
|2-4 weeks||90 ml||3 spoons||7 times|
|1-2 months||120 ml||4 spoons||6 times|
|2-4 months||150 ml||5 spoons||5 times|
|4-6 months||180 ml||6 spoons||5 times|
|6-8 months||210 ml||7 spoons||3-4 times|
|8-12 months||210 ml||7 spoons||2-3 times|
How to Serve Baby&Me Organic the Right Way
Make sure you follow the instructions for serving milk listed on the Baby&Me Organic packaging, so that your baby gets the optimal benefits of organic milk. Here's how to properly prepare and serve organic milk:
- Wash hands thoroughly before preparing milk for babies.
- Clean all parts of the milk bottle, then soak it in hot water for 5 minutes before use.
- Boil 1 liter of water until it boils, then let stand for 30 minutes so that the water temperature becomes warm.
- Pour the warm water into a milk bottle that has been washed clean.
- So that the dose is appropriate, first enter the water into the milk bottle according to the dose provided in the package. Every 1 tablespoon of Baby&Me Organic milk is dissolved in 30 ml of warm water. Then, add milk as needed.
- Shake the bottle for a few minutes so that the milk is completely dissolved.
- Make sure the temperature of the milk is safe for the baby before giving it.
Milk Interaction with Drugs
Milk can reduce absorption and decrease the effectiveness of the drugs tetracycline, quinolones, and propranolol, if these drugs are taken with milk. Consult further with your doctor about the method and schedule of drug administration so that it does not interact with milk.
Side Effects of Organic Formula Milk
Immediately consult a doctor if your baby has vomiting, diarrhea, or a rash appears after consuming milk, including organic formula. These symptoms could indicate the baby has a cow's milk allergy or suffers from lactose intolerance.
You also need to consult a pediatrician before giving any formula milk to get the best nutrition for your little one.