Milk masks can be used on the face with various beauty benefits. For example, to take care of skin permanent damp, fine, and hydrated, and make skin looks brighter.
The good news is, you don't have to spend a lot of money to get a milk mask because you can make this mask using ingredients that are usually found in the kitchen.
Milk Mask Recipe
Milk masks and homemade beauty products have many advantages, namely that they are free from preservatives, artificial colors, and unnatural fragrances. Here are some recipes for milk masks that you can make yourself:
- Milk and honey maskFor smoother and softer skin, mix four tablespoons of liquid milk and two tablespoons of honey. Then, apply it on your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. After that, rinse with warm water until clean. Honey has the benefit of retaining moisture in the skin, overcoming chapped and dry skin, fighting bacteria, and tightening the skin.
- Milk mask and strawberryStrawberries contain antioxidants, potassium, vitamin B6, and vitamin C which are very important for maintaining healthy skin. You can make this milk mask by crushing fresh strawberries and milk and then applying it to your face.
- Milk mask for dark spotsTake enough cotton, then soak it in milk. Apply the cotton on the black spots on the face twice a day. Do this every day until you see results. Lactic acid in milk has the potential to brighten the face. Therefore, it can help remove dark spots on the face, as well as whiten the skin on your neck.
- Milk mask and oatmealThe trick, mix 2 tablespoons oatmeal, 2 tablespoons of milk powder, 1 teaspoon of honey, cup of olive oil, and 2 drops of lavender essential oil until blended and form a mask, then apply on the face. Oatmeal useful for soothing facial skin, powdered milk to clean and exfoliate dead skin naturally, and honey to moisturize the face.
- Milk mask for dry skinThis milk mask is very good for cleaning and moisturizing dry facial skin. You simply mix 1-2 tablespoons of warm liquid milk and a few teaspoons of olive oil. After applying and massaging the face, wash off the milk mask with warm water until clean. This milk mask can remove dirt and makeup, while olive oil acts as a moisturizer on the facial skin.
- Milk mask for irritated skinIf your skin shows signs of irritation, such as redness and itching, a milk mask may be the solution. The trick, soak a cotton ball in milk and apply it to the irritated skin for 5-10 minutes. Milk has natural anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe irritated skin. But apart from a milk mask, it's better if you also go to the doctor so that irritated skin can be treated properly.
The benefits of milk masks are indeed quite tempting, so it never hurts for you to try them. However, if after using the milk mask, your skin becomes irritated or acne prone, stop using it immediately. Milk masks are also not recommended if you have a history of milk allergy.