When entering the age of 7 months, the baby's ability will continue to increase, including the ability to digest food. Therefore, 7 month baby food must also be adjusted, to support optimal baby growth.
Generally, 7 month old baby food can be given in a more solid form. Some parents add breast milk (ASI) about 700-950 ml. That much milk is the cumulative amount given within 24 hours. There are also parents who have introduced formula milk to their 7-month-old baby.
Food Guide for 7 Months Baby
Food given to a 7-month-old baby should meet the daily nutritional content, according to the needs of the little one. This is necessary considering that the 7-month-old baby has entered the stage of developing a unique personality and activities that are carried out independently.
Babies aged 7 months are starting to learn how to control their surroundings. In addition, babies aged 7 months will also experience significant development of creativity, movement and curiosity. In this condition, parents must be able to ensure that all actions of the baby do not endanger their own safety.
In addition, food for 7-month babies should also support the growth of their teeth. Usually, the first teeth in babies will grow when they enter the age of 5-7 months. Even so, you don't need to worry if at the age of 7 months your little one doesn't have teeth yet. Because each individual has a different development.
7 Months Baby Food List
Then, what kind of 7 month baby food should be given to the baby? Some of them, are below:
- PeasPeas are included in the group of super vegetables because they are rich in vitamin A, B vitamins, vitamin C, and folic acid.
- sweet potato sweetSweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta-carotene. Sweet potatoes can be given to babies in place of potatoes.
- PlumsPlums are good for giving babies instant energy, natural fiber and iron. Plums are natural laxatives so they can be a reliable solution when babies are constipated.
- WheatWheat can help stabilize blood sugar and provide energy for a long period of time, is rich in water-soluble fiber, can protect the surface of the intestine and maintain a healthy digestive tract.
- Chicken meatChicken meat is rich in protein and vitamin B12 which is not found in plant food sources. Chicken also contains quite a lot of fat needed to support the baby's growth.
- BeefBeef provides the best iron and is easily absorbed by the body. Moreover, babies need a lot of iron to support their growth.
- Sheep's meatLamb meat is rich in B vitamins, zinc, and iron, making it suitable to be given to babies who are in their infancy.
- FishOne of the advantages of fish, especially marine fish, is that it can be a source of food that is low in fat, but rich in protein.
Choosing the right 7 month baby food will help your little one's growth and development. Although the various foods above are recommended, but if your little one has a history of allergies to these foods or similar foods, you should first discuss them with your pediatrician before giving them.