Oily facial skin is often considered annoying, because it causes various complaints. Not only makes the face look shiny, oily skin is also prone to breakouts. One way to treat oily skin that looks clean and free of acne is to wash your face with correct.
Oil or sebum actually has benefits in maintaining skin moisture and elasticity. But if it is produced in excess, the oil on the face can actually clog the pores of the face and cause acne.
Factors That Cause Oily Face
The activity and size of the oil glands play a major role in the amount of oil production on the face. Although the exact cause is still difficult to determine, there are several factors suspected of influencing excess oil production, including:
- Hormonal changes
- genetic factors
- Consumption of unhealthy food
- Use make-up that's not right
- Hot and humid air.
To find out if your facial skin is classified as oily skin, pay attention to the T zone, which is the forehead, nose, and chin area. If your skin looks shiny and oily to the touch, then your skin is oily.
Steps for Caring for Oily Facial Skin
For those of you who have oily skin, don't do the wrong treatment to keep your skin clean and free of acne. Here are tips for treating oily facial skin that you can do:
- Choose the right facial cleanserWash your face at least 2 times a day. Use a facial cleanser specifically for oily skin. To be free from dirt and bacteria that cause acne, you can choose a facial cleanser with antibacterial ingredients that are gentle and free of alkali, such as montaline C40. In addition, a facial cleanser containing panthenol or vitamin B5 can also be an option because it can reduce excess oil production, thus helping to overcome acne skin problems. Not only that, these two ingredients can also hydrate the skin well, moisturize, maintain skin elasticity, and help skin regeneration, thus making the skin look smooth.
- Regularly use scrubOily skin owners are advised to regularly clean their face using scrub at least 2 times a week. Scrub can clean the face into the pores, while removing dead skin cells on the face. However, avoid scrubbing too hard, as it can cause irritation.
- Use face creamAfter cleansing, use a special face cream for oily skin. To maintain skin moisture without increasing oil production, choose a face cream that is mattifying. It would be even better if you use a face cream mattifying containing vitamins, aloe vera, and hyaluronic acid (hyaluronic acid). So even though the oil production is reduced, the content can still provide nutrition and maintain facial skin moisture.
In addition to these treatments, don't forget to use a minimum sunscreen with SPF 30, especially when outdoors. The goal is to keep the skin protected from direct sunlight.
For owners of oily faces, you can still appear with clean and charming skin. Perform treatment with the right facial cleansing products on a regular basis. If necessary, consult a dermatologist to get recommendations for the right oily skin care, according to your skin condition.