Gargle and ber-gargle turned out to be beneficial for our oral health. By gargling, the bad bacteria in the mouth can die. Dental and oral health is getting better and guaranteed.
So far we are familiar with the word gargling, which means shaking the liquid in the mouth. Whereas gargle is to shake the liquid at the base of the throat by tilting the head back 45 degrees, open the mouth, and exhale through the mouth so that the sound "ahhh" until the liquid bubbles. Gargle andgargle can overcome bad breath, freshen breath, relieve toothache, prevent tooth decay, reduce plaque, prevent sore gums and teeth, and so on. Gargle andgargle This can be done using plain water, salt water, or even over-the-counter mouthwash.
In mouthwash, usually contained various substances that are certainly good for the teeth and mouth. For example:
- Fluoride, helps reduce tooth decay and prevents cavities,
- antimicrobial, kills bacteria that cause bad breath, plaque, gingivitis, sore gums,
- salt substances, fragrances that can cover bad breath for a while,
- odor neutralizer, eliminates the cause of bad breath, and
- whitening, helps fight stains on teeth.
In addition, there is also an antiseptic mouthwash that contains povidone-iodine as much as 1 percent. According to research, the broad-spectrum povidone-iodine antiseptic agent (broadest spectrum) considered more potent against antimicrobials when compared to other common antiseptics such as alcohol, chlorhexidine, octenidine, polyhexanide, and hexetidine. Povidone-iodine is also thought to be effective in killing bacterial spores, fungi, protozoa, and some viruses.
Oh yes, when gargling andgargle you should not carelessly or carelessly so that the benefits of gargling for oral health can be felt as much as possible.
For that, try to pay attention to the following steps:
- Even though the mouthwash you buy includes a mouthwash in the package, there's nothing wrong with providing your own special clean mouthwash. This method is considered safer to avoid the spread of bacteria.
- Fill the mouthwash with enough gargling solution.
- Drink a small amount of the liquid (don't swallow it) and gargle thoroughly. Keep the front and sides of the mouth exposed to the gargling liquid.
- Tilt your head back 45 degrees, open your mouth, and exhale through your mouth making an “ahhh” sound. Try to keep the small valve at the back of your throat (epiglottis) closed so that you don't accidentally swallow any gargling fluid. to-gargle will coat the back of the mouth with the liquid, remove vitus, bacteria and fungi, and relieve sore throats.
- Finally, remove the gargling liquid that is in the mouth. After that, continue cleaning your teeth by brushing your teeth or using dental floss (dental floss).
In addition to being good for oral and dental health, gargling and rinsinggargle can also be done to relieve various symptoms of diseases such as sore throat, sore throat, itchy throat, pharyngitis, tonsillitis (tonsillitis), to prevent the formation of tonsil stones. For these diseases, the mouthwash used is a saline solution. The solution is obtained by mixing -1 teaspoon of salt with a glass of warm water.
Mouthwash can indeed help prevent tooth decay, but never rinse your mouth immediately after brushing your teeth. Do not eat or drink after using a fluoride mouthwash, for at least the first 30 minutes. Oh yes, if you have children under 6 years of age, do not give mouthwash based on alcohol because it is prone to swallowing.