To get healthy and clean teeth, brushing your teeth is not enough. You also need to regularly do scaling teeth to clean teeth optimally. That way, your oral health is maintained and avoids the risk of disease that may occur.
Scaling Teething is a non-surgical procedure performed to clean and remove tartar over the entire surface of the teeth and under the gums. This method can be done using a manual scraper or a scraper with ultrasonic waves.ultrasonic scaler).
These are the benefits of doing dental scaling
The main benefits of doing scaling Teeth is cleaning the tartar that sticks to the surface of the teeth. The reason is, tartar has a hard nature and cannot be removed just by brushing your teeth. Therefore, the only way to clean these corals is to carry out the procedure scaling tooth.
In addition to removing tartar, there are still many benefits that can be obtained from routine doing scaling tooth. These benefits include:
1. Eliminate bad breath
Tartar is a place for bacteria that cause bad breath to breed. For that, do it regularly scaling teeth so that your mouth becomes fresher and odor-free.
2. Teeth color becomes brighter
Tartar is formed due to plaque that sticks and hardens on the surface of the teeth. In addition to making the appearance of teeth become unkempt, tartar can also make the color of the teeth turn duller and look yellow. Therefore, it is important for you to routinely do scaling so that tartar can be lifted and the color of the teeth becomes brighter.
3. Prevents gum infection
Tartar that is left alone can cause inflammation of the gums or gingivitis. This condition is characterized by symptoms of swollen gums, bleeding easily, and pain. If left untreated, gingivitis can progress to periodontitis, which is a serious inflammation that can damage the teeth and the tissues that support the teeth.
4. Reduce the risk of tooth loss
Dental and oral diseases caused by tartar will lead to teeth falling out. This condition can cause you to have difficulty chewing food and become insecure. Therefore, do regular dental scaling so that your teeth are clean from tartar and avoid the risk of dislodged teeth.
5. Avoid the risk of heart disease
A study shows that, routinely doing scaling Teeth will reduce a person's risk of atrial fibrillation, which is a heart rhythm disorder that can cause the sufferer to become weak, chest pain, heart flutter, and shortness of breath. So it can be concluded that dental health will affect heart health.
On the other hand, scaling Teeth are also known to reduce a person's risk of coronary heart disease. Bacteria that accumulate on tartar can be carried by the blood and make deposits on coronary blood vessels in the heart. These deposits cause narrowing of blood vessels and make blood flow to the heart is reduced.
Don't Be Afraid, Like This Dental Scaling Procedure
Process scaling teeth are basically safe, comfortable, and painless. The length of time this procedure is carried out also depends on the amount and severity of tartar you have.
Following are the steps performed by the dentist during the procedure scaling tooth:
- The doctor will examine the oral cavity as a whole and identify the location of tartar with the help of a special mirror.
- The doctor will give a local anesthetic to the patient to relieve pain that may arise during surgery scaling Patients can also choose not to perform anesthesia while undergoing this procedure. Discuss with your doctor in advance about the choice of using this anesthetic.
- The doctor started to clean the tartar using an scraper ultrasonic scaler. Then, the doctor will continue cleaning using a manual scraper with a pointed tip to remove corals that the ultrasonic scraper cannot reach.
- The next stage, the doctor will brush the patient's teeth with an electric toothbrush and use dental floss to reach the dental plaque that is tucked between the teeth.
- After being declared clean of tartar, the doctor will ask the patient to rinse the mouth with a liquid containing fluoride.
How often do you do scaling teeth depending on the condition of your dental health. The doctor will perform an examination and then determine how often you need to do scaling tooth. But generally, scaling teeth can be done every 6 months.
Doing routine scaling Teeth can not only maintain oral health, but improve overall body health. So, keep your teeth clean and check your teeth regularly to the dentist. That way, tartar can be detected early on and treated immediately.