Healthy juice to be wrong one way which fun in enjoying fruits and vegetables. Even though lose some fiber, but juices from these fruits and vegetables still contain most of the vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients. So, what are the benefits that can be obtained from consuming healthy juices?
Processing fruits and vegetables into juice is believed to be able to make it easier for the body to absorb nutrients and facilitate the performance of the digestive system. However, many argue that consuming fruits and vegetables in their natural form is still better than juice. This opinion is based on the assumption that the fiber from fruits and vegetables that are used as juice tends to decrease.
Healthy Juice Benefits for the body
Here are some of the benefits that you can get from consuming healthy juices:
- Smooth the digestive systemConsuming healthy juices is also believed to be able to launch the digestive system, this is because the nutrients contained in the juice are easily absorbed by the body. Research also shows that consuming juice regularly can nourish the good bacteria in the intestines. Even so, you are also advised to eat whole fruits and vegetables to get more fiber.
- Lose weightHealthy juices made from fruits and vegetables are often used as a way to lose weight. However, you must remember that juice is not the only food intake. Because, if you only rely on juice, it can cause the body to lack calories and animal protein which makes you lose muscle mass.
- Boost the immune systemWho does not know that fruit and vegetable juices are a rich source of vitamins and minerals. So that consuming juice regularly is useful for boosting the immune system and helps fight viruses that cause disease.
- Relieves inflammationNot only boosting the immune system, juice is also useful for reducing inflammation in arthritis sufferers. This is because fruit and vegetable juices contain high antioxidants, so they can help the body reduce inflammation. According to research in South Korea, these benefits may also reduce the risk of developing cancer.
How to Consume Healthy Juices for Optimal Results
Consuming fruits and vegetables in the form of juice is considered to have many benefits for the body, especially if a person does not like or cannot consume them directly. However, be sure to pay attention to the following points when consuming juice:
- Pay attention to the number of calories
To control the calorie count of your healthy juice, then use vegetables as the main ingredient. If you need flavoring, you can add just one type of fruit. To get protein intake, some ingredients that can be used as additional options are flaxseed, yogurt, or almond milk.
- Immediately finish the healthy juice that has been madeThe best time to get the benefits of the healthy juice you make is immediately after the juice is made. Therefore, try to make healthy juices to taste. Do not save the juice to drink at a later date because it can make it a breeding ground for bacteria.
- Don't waste any wasteReduced fiber after fruit and vegetables made into juice is actually quite reasonable. So where does some of the fruit and vegetable fiber in healthy juices go? It turns out that most of the fiber from these fruits and vegetables is left in the juice dregs. Therefore, don't throw away the juice dregs first because that's where one of the main goals to look for from fruits and vegetables, namely fiber.
Consuming healthy juices to maintain health is considered a good thing to do as long as you follow other healthy lifestyles. The healthy lifestyle referred to here is to continue to eat food according to the body's needs, exercise regularly, and get enough rest. If healthy juice is used for the purpose of managing certain diseases, you should first consult a nutritionist.