Not just a face,lips too need maintenance. One of the lip treatments that can be used is a lip mask. Unfortunately, not all women feel compatible with the products sold in the market. If you experience this condition, try to overcome it with a lip maskexperience.
Lips don't have oil glands to keep them moisturised, so they need moisturizer to keep them from drying out. In addition, lips are the part of the body that loses the most moisture due to frequent exposure to sunlight and pollution, so additional moisturizer is needed.
Make a Natural Lip Mask
One of the natural ingredients that you can use to treat chapped lips is coconut oil. The main advantage of coconut oil is its moisturizing effect. In addition, coconut oil can also help protect the lips from disease-causing germs, thereby preventing infection.
You can use coconut oil as a lip balm in a very easy way. Just pour a few drops of coconut oil on your fingers, then apply it to your lips gently until evenly distributed. You can also add some other natural ingredients, such as avocado oil, honey, olive oil, shea butter, or beeswax, so that the moisturizing effect you want can be felt even more.
Apply the coconut oil mixture on your lips before going to bed, after bathing, or before activities. You can also use it any time when your lips start to feel dry or chapped.
How to prevent chapped lips
In addition to using a lip mask, several recommended ways to deal with chapped lips include:
- Use lip balm unscentedTo prevent chapped lips, you should use an unscented lip balm. Even though they look attractive, scented lip balms will actually make your lips dry and chapped.
- Using a moisturizer lip containing sunscreenLip balm that contains sunscreen can help keep your lips moist when you are doing outdoor activities. It can also help prevent your lips from burning, drying, or peeling.
- Reduce the habit of licking lipsLicking your lips too often will make them even more dry. Because the saliva that sticks to the lips can evaporate quickly, so your lips will feel drier than before.
- Drink enough waterConsuming enough water every day can prevent dehydration, as well as help moisturize the lips. If you are dehydrated, you are at greater risk for chapped lips.
- Protects lips from exposure to airLips can become dry and cracked when exposed to air. Always try to cover your lips with a handkerchief, mask, or other cover when you are outside.
Although sometimes it looks trivial, but never underestimate the condition of chapped lips and leave it unattended. If a lip mask is not able to solve the problem you are experiencing, don't hesitate to consult directly with a doctor. Because if left untreated, chapped lips can develop a bacterial infection, which will make the condition worse.