Some people often experience acne, this condition often occurs in those who have sensitive skin . For those of you who have this condition, it is important to know about proper skin care to prevent skin problems from continuing.
Acne is one of the most common skin problems. Acne can form when skin pores are clogged by a buildup of dead skin cells, skin's natural oils or sebum, and germs. When this happens, the skin pores can become inflamed, this condition which then causes acne. Acne most often appears in adolescents who enter the puberty phase to young adulthood, and can be exacerbated by several factors such as hormonal changes, genetic or hereditary factors, stress, and blackheads.
Owners of sensitive skin are said to be more prone to acne. Sensitive skin itself is characterized by easy redness, burning and itching after exposure to certain substances or conditions, such as sunlight, hot or cold temperatures, soap, dust, to stress.
Sensitive skin can appear in adulthood and even the risk increases with age. Therefore, it is possible that acne can also appear at an older age. But fear not, there are some skin care tips that you can try to help deal with skin problems related to acne and sensitive skin.
Skin Care Tips for Overcoming Acne
Caring for sensitive and acne-prone skin is not easy. To keep your skin healthy, you can apply some of the habits below every day.
- Routine wash my faceWashing your face twice a day, especially after a sweaty or oily face can reduce the risk of developing acne. For those of you who have sensitive skin, it is recommended to choose a face wash with gentle ingredients that are not irritating. Gently clean the face, do not use scrub . You can try a gel or liquid soap that is gentler on the skin.
- Pay attention to the ingredients of skin care productsTo prevent skin irritation, you need to pay attention to the ingredients in the skin care products used. For owners of sensitive skin prone to acne, it is advisable to avoid products that contain fragrances, antibacterials, alcohol, and deodorants.
- Avoid sun exposure and use sunscreenEspecially exposure to direct sunlight between 10 am to 2 pm. To be safe, use sunscreen before going outside. Sensitive skin, like other skin types, needs sunscreen to protect it from the sun. Use those that contain protection against UVA and UVB, and contain zinc oxide (zinc oxide) and titanium dioxide.
- Eating healthy foodExpand consumption of vegetables, fruit, protein, whole grains, and other foods that contain vitamin C. Reduce foods that contain saturated fat. Eating healthy food is not only good for body health, it is also good for skin health.
Tips for choosing the right product Aman for Sensitive Skin
If you have sensitive skin, choose skin care products such as skin moisturizers and facial cleansers with several criteria such as:
- HypoallergenicProduct hypoallergenic , including moisturizers, claimed to have a lower risk of allergic reactions than products in general. Therefore, for those who have sensitive skin, it is recommended to choose a product labeled hypoallergenic .
- Does not contain too many active ingredientsMoisturizers for sensitive skin should not contain more than 10 ingredients. The fewer ingredients a moisturizer contains, the less potential side effects it may cause. To help treat sensitive skin, you can try products made from zinc which are good for sensitive skin and acne, as well as products made from witch hazel which is rich in antioxidants.
- There is noexcessive acid content Acid content that is too high should be avoided when choosing a moisturizer for sensitive skin. However, in moderate amounts, the acid content actually helps treat acne.
If your sensitive skin problems and acne are difficult to overcome, don't hesitate to consult directly with a dermatologist. If necessary, the doctor will provide special care, recommending treatments, medications or skin care products that are suitable for your skin condition and type.