early childhood education programs (PAUD)can help the process of child development more optimal. Various benefits what children can get which follow PAUD, that islearn how to socialize with peers, manage stress, and solve problems.
According to experts, early childhood education is important for child development. Through this education, your little one can learn to interact and establish social relationships with children his age in groups. The sooner children are introduced to these things, the more beneficial it will be for their development. Not only in PAUD schools, now early childhood education is also available in several daycares.
Benefits of Early Childhood Education
In addition to those mentioned above, there are several other benefits that PAUD provides for children, namely:
- Preparing children's educationEarly childhood education is a good provision for children's academic education later. Children who are accustomed to learning from a young age will be more ready and faster to receive new information. This allows children to gain knowledge better at the next level of education.
- Helping children's emotional and intellectual developmentEarly childhood education can also help your child's emotional and intelligence development. Children who receive early education are able to be more patient, independent, and easy to get along with other people. In PAUD, children will also be taught to count, read, write, and are trained to express their creativity through drawing and singing activities. The experience gained in this PAUD can nurture his intelligence.
- Positively shaping the child's personalityAnother benefit of early childhood education is guiding children to become better individuals. Children who attend early childhood education tend to have a lower risk of getting involved in legal problems and drug abuse as adults.
Based on research, children who are given early education have a better chance of getting a job and a stable income, higher education level, as well as socioeconomic status and adequate health insurance.
However, sending children to school from an early age does not necessarily guarantee that children will have a better life later. The pattern of parenting by parents at home also plays a very important role in determining the future of the child.
Disadvantages of Early Childhood Education
Although several studies show the benefits of early childhood education, this education also has drawbacks, namely:
- Big groupOne of the drawbacks of early childhood education is that there are too many students in one class, or the lack of teaching staff in the PAUD school. This can make the teaching and learning process in PAUD not optimal. Therefore, parents should choose PAUD with a ratio of one teacher per 8-10 children aged 4-5 years, or one teacher for every 6-9 children aged 2.5-3 years.
- The risk of stressing the childAnother drawback of early childhood education is that it can make children stressed. Various activities at school can make him tired. In addition, at school, children cannot be with their parents and spend more time with other people. This may frighten the child or feel depressed for some time, especially for a quiet child.
A good education is an important part of an ideal parenting style. By attending PAUD, children can begin to adapt to learning from a young age. So, don't hesitate to send your children to PAUD if their age is already eligible.