Saccharomycesis one type of yeast that is included in the probiotic group and has a role in maintaining the health of the human digestive tract. One kind Saccharomyces which are often used as probiotics are Saccharomyces boulardii.
Saccharomyces boulardii helps protect the health of the digestive tract by maintaining and restoring the balance of normal flora in the intestines.
Several studies state that probiotics Saccharomyces boulardi can be used in the prevention and treatment of diarrhea, diarrhea due to the use of antibiotics, and traveler's diarrhea.
Naturally,Saccharomyces boulardiican be found in the skin of mangosteen and lychee. On the other hand,Saccharomyces boulardii available in supplement form.
What is Saccharomyces
|Benefit||Prevent and relieve diarrhea|
|Consumed by||Adults and children|
|Saccharomyces for pregnant and lactating mothers||Category N:Not categorized. |
It is not known whether Saccharomyces can be absorbed into breast milk or not. For breastfeeding mothers, consult a doctor before using this drug.
Warning Before Consuming Saccharomyces
Before consuming Saccharomyces, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- Don't consume Saccharomyces if you are allergic to this drug. Consult a doctor if you are allergic to mold.
- Consult usage Saccharomyces talk to your doctor if you have or are currently suffering from a weakened immune system, lactose intolerance, diarrhea, frequent vaginal yeast infections, recurrent urinary tract infections, diabetes, or phenylketonuria.
- Consult a doctor regarding use Saccharomyces if you are pregnant, nursing, or planning a pregnancy.
- Consult a doctor regarding use Saccharomyces if you are taking certain medications, supplements, or herbal products.
- Immediately see a doctor if an allergic reaction occurs after consumingSaccharomyces.
Dosage and Instructions for Use of Saccharomyces
The following is a recommended dosage for useSaccharomyces based on patient age:
- Adults and children ages >12 years old: 1 capsule (250 mg), 1-2 times daily or as directed by a doctor.
- Children ages 2–12 years: 1 capsule (250 mg), remove the contents and mix with a glass of water or juice, taken 1-2 times a day or as directed by a doctor.
How to Consume Saccharomyces Correctly
Before consuming Saccharomyces, read the instructions for use listed on the product packaging. If you have doubts or have special health conditions, discuss with your doctor about the dosage, product options, and how to use according to your condition.
Probiotic products that contain SaccharomycesCan be consumed before or after meals. Consumption Saccharomyces according to the recommended dose. Do not increase or decrease the dose without consulting your doctor first.
Save products that contain Saccharomyces at room temperature and away from direct sunlight. Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
Saccharomyces Interactions with Other Drugs
Saccharomycescan cause drug interaction effects in the form of decreased effectiveness Saccharomyces if used with antifungal drugs, such as nystatin, ketoconazole, clotrimazole, and griseofulvin.
Probiotic products containing a mixture of Saccharomyces with other good bacteria may also experience a decrease in effectiveness when used with antibiotics.
Saccharomyces Side Effects and Dangers
Some of the side effects that can occur after consuming Saccharomyces is:
- Constipation or constipation
In addition, although it is rare, consuming probiotic products that contain Saccharomyces can also increase the risk of infection. Immediately see a doctor if you experience complaints, such as fever, chills, or cough that does not go away.
You should also see a doctor immediately if you experience an allergic reaction after consuming probiotic products that contain Saccharomyces.