Want to maintain the health of intimate organs in a simple and easy way to practice at home? If so, you should try the sitz bath. Find out how here!
Sitz bath is a warm water therapy that is used to treat and clean the perineum, which is the area between the anus and intimate organs. Sitz bath can be done by adults and children. you know.
Various Benefits of Sitz Bath for Health
The following are some of the benefits of a sitz bath that you should not miss:
- Increases blood flow.
- Reduces itching and irritation in the perineal area.
- Treat minor wounds in the perineum.
- Relieve complaints in hemorrhoids, chronic constipation, and descent.
- Relieve vaginal pain after childbirth.
Although sitz baths have quite a lot of health benefits, if you have certain medical conditions, don't forget to consult your doctor first before doing sitz baths.
How to do a sitz bath
Sitz baths can be done at bath tub or use a basin. Before preparing the equipment to be used, you can prepare items that can make you more relaxed and not bored while doing a sitz bath, such as magazines or music players.
Sitz bath in bath tub
If you want to do a sitz bath in bath tub, make sure that bath tub it's really clean.
How to do a sitz bath in bath tub are as follows:
- Contents bath tub with warm water to a height of 7-10 cm or deep enough to soak the perineum. Make sure the water is warm, but not too hot, so it doesn't burn or cause discomfort.
- Add non-iodized sea salt, olive oil, essential oils, or baking soda if necessary. This can be useful for inhibiting bacterial growth and reducing the risk of infection.
- Sit down at bath tub for 20-30 minutes,
- After that, dry the intimate area with a soft clean towel. However, avoid rubbing the perineum.
Sitz bath using basin
The first thing you need to do is prepare a special sitz bath basin with a size large enough to soak the buttocks.
How to do a sitz bath using a basin is as follows:
- Wash the basin until it is completely clean.
- Place the basin over the toilet seat. Cover the toilet seat with a rubber mat, so that the basin does not move.
- Fill the basin with warm water. Make sure the water level is sufficient to submerge the perineal area.
- Add non-iodized sea salt, olive oil, essential oils, or baking soda if necessary.
- Sit on the toilet with your buttocks in the basin, for 20-30 minutes,
- When you're done, pat the intimate area dry with a soft, clean towel.
After doing a sitz bath, you can apply the ointment given by the doctor to treat hemorrhoids or rashes that you may be experiencing.
now, not hard right do sitz baths? One thing you need to remember, use clean and not too hot water. If the perineum actually feels sore, red, or swollen after doing a sitz bath, see a doctor immediately.