Are you considering a no-dinner diet to lose weight fast and be thinner? Before deciding to do it, you should first know the facts behind the no-dinner diet.
The effectiveness of the no-dinner diet is still being debated. There are those who think that this method is effective in helping to lose weight, but some are not.
The Effectiveness of No Dinner Diet in Losing Weight
Research on the diet not eating dinner is effective in losing weight and making the body thinner actually still needs to be re-examined. However, that doesn't mean you can't do it. The reason is, if done in the right way, weight loss is not an impossible thing to get.
Eating habits at night are known to be associated with unhealthy eating patterns. Most people will choose snacks that are high in calories and low in nutrients, such as potato chips and cookies, after dinner or when they can't sleep.
This is certainly not a good thing, because excessive consumption of high-calorie foods in the long term can make you gain weight. To avoid this, diet rules do not eat dinner can be an effective choice.
Then, what else makes a no-dinner diet considered effective in losing weight? Here are some facts you need to know:
- Food consumed after dinner may not be burned optimally while you sleep, unlike breakfast and lunch which will be burned during activities.
- Eating at night can interfere with sleep, especially for people with GERD, even though lack of sleep can make you often hungry and lower your metabolism, triggering obesity.
- Not eating dinner can be one method of fasting diet (intermittent fasting) which is also considered to be able to lose weight.
However, the reasons above cannot be used as a reference that you can lose weight just by not eating dinner. This method must be balanced with balanced calorie intake and expenditure, adequate nutrition, and regular exercise.
Implementing a Healthy No Dinner Diet
A healthy no-dinner diet actually just needs to avoid unhealthy snacks that are high in calories, not the dinner itself. This needs to be done with discipline, and still pay attention to the calories and nutrients you get. That way, in addition to losing weight, your body will also become healthier.
The following are steps you can take in implementing a no-dinner diet:
- Determine the time when you last ate and apply it regularly. Try to have your last meal before 7 p.m. or 3 hours before bed.
- Try to always have breakfast with foods that are rich in protein, so you can control your appetite throughout the day.
- Don't skip lunch because it can make you hungry and eat a lot in the afternoon.
- Hide or give the snacks you have to other people, so you are not tempted to eat them.
- Stay active throughout the day.
- As much as possible do exercise regularly, at least 20-30 minutes every day.
- Eat a healthy snack (maximum 150 calories), such as yogurt, when you are really hungry at night. Avoid spicy and caffeinated foods that make it harder for you to sleep.
Nutrients and total calories that enter the body play a major role in weight loss, no matter what diet method you follow. If you don't eat dinner but you still take in more calories during the day than you expend during activity or exercise, weight loss will still be difficult to achieve.
Come onPay more attention to the food you eat. To determine your calorie and nutritional needs, you can also consult a nutritionist, so that you better understand the right way to lose weight.