Neocate is a formula made from allergy-free amino acids. Neocate Junior formula is intended for children who suffer from allergies to cow's milk.
Cow's milk contains high protein which is important for the process of child growth and development. However, in some children, the protein contained in cow's milk can actually trigger allergic reactions, such as indigestion, itching, skin rashes, coughs, and watery eyes.
Basically, allergies are a common health problem experienced by children. According to a study published in 2019, there are about 30%–40% of people worldwide suffer from allergies, and most of them are children.
Of the many types of allergies, cow's milk allergy is one of the most common in children.
Cow's milk allergy occurs when the child's immune system overreacts to the protein in cow's milk because it is considered a substance that is harmful to the body. In these conditions, the child must consume a special type of milk to prevent allergic reactions.
One of the milk substitutes for cow's milk is Neocate Junior formula. In contrast to regular formula milk, Neocate formula is made from 100% allergy-free amino acids (non-allergenic).
Neocate Junior formula does not contain artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners, so it is safe for digestion and children's overall health.
What is Neocate Junior
Neocate Junior is a hypoallergenic formula, which is milk that has gone through a protein breakdown process. This process makes the protein in milk easy to digest by babies and children, without causing allergic reactions.
Hypoallergenic formula milk is basically divided into three types, namely partially hydrolyzed milk, extensive hydrolyzed milk, and allergy-free amino acid milk. Neocate Junior is a type of allergy-free amino acid milk.
Neocate Junior milk has a thinner texture than regular formula. This is a characteristic of milk made from amino acids.
The following is the nutritional content of Neocate Junior per 100 calories:
|Linoleic acid||818 mg|
|Vitamin A||200 IU|
|Vitamin D3||79.4 IU|
|Vitamin E||2.1 IU|
|Vitamin B1 (thiamine)||0.10 mg|
|Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)||0.20 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)||0.10 mg|
|Vitamin B12 (cobalamin)||0.40 mcg|
|Vitamin B3 (niacin)||0.90 mg|
|Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)||0.40 mg|
|Vitamin B8 (inositol)||21.9 mg|
|Vitamin B9 (folic acid)||29.9 mg|
|Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)||9.3 mg|
|Vitamin K||4 mg|
Warning Before Serving Neocate Junior
There are several things that need to be considered before giving Neocate Junior formula milk to children, namely:
- Neocate Junior milk is only recommended for infants and children who suffer from severe allergies to cow's milk, soy protein, or protein from
- Neocate Junior milk is not recommended for consumption by infants and children who are only sensitive to regular formula milk.
- The use of Neocate Junior formula as the main source of nutrition for children should be under the supervision of a doctor, especially for children born prematurely and children suffering from digestive disorders.
Neocate Junior Dosage
The dosage and servings of Neocate Junior milk are determined by the doctor based on the child's age, weight, and health condition. Therefore, consult your doctor first before giving Neocate Junior milk to your child.
How to Present Neocate Junior Correctly
Follow the instructions for serving Neocate Junior milk as stated on the packaging, so that the benefits you get can be optimal. The following is the correct way to serve Neocate Junior milk:
- Wash hands and bottles to be used before preparing Neocate Junior.
- Pour the required amount of cold water into the bottle.
- Pour Neocate Junior milk into the bottle using the measuring spoon included in the package, according to the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Beat Neocate Junior's milk until thoroughly mixed before serving. If there are leftovers, store them in the refrigerator, but don't give them back to children if they have been stored for more than 24 hours.
Neocate Junior should be served chilled. Do not boil Neocate milk that is ready to drink or warm it with microwave.
Store Neocate Junior in a room at room temperature. Do not store in a place exposed to direct sunlight and in the refrigerator. Discard the milk and replace it with a new one if it has been more than 1 month since the packaging was opened.
Side effects Neocate Junior
If consumed according to the doctor's recommendations and the instructions for use listed on the packaging, Neocate rarely causes side effects. However, in some children there may be an effect at the beginning of the milk change. If these effects are bothersome or persist, take your child to the doctor for further examination.