Estazolam is a drug to treat insomnia, that is sleep disorders that make it difficult for a person tersleep deep sleep, so that the quality and quantity of sleep sufferers are reduced.
Estazolam works by calming brain activity, so users can fall asleep faster, sleep longer, and wake up less often during sleep. These sleeping pills should only be used in the short term and must be prescribed by a doctor.
Brandestazolam trade: Alena, Esilgan, Elgran
What is Estazolam
|Deal with insomnia
|Estazolam for pregnant and lactating women
|Category X: Animal and human studies have shown fetal abnormalities or a risk to the fetus. Drugs in this category should not be used by women who are or have the possibility of becoming pregnant. It is not known whether or not estazolam is absorbed into breast milk. For breastfeeding mothers, do not take this medicine without consulting your doctor first.
Precautions Before Taking Estazolam
Estazolam should only be used as prescribed by a doctor. Note the following points before taking estazolam:
- Do not take estazolam if you are allergic to it or to other benzodiazepines, such as alprazolam, diazepam, or lorazepam.
- Tell your doctor if you have or are currently suffering from alcoholism, drug abuse, or a sleep disorder other than insomnia, such as sleepwalking or sleep apnea.
- Do not drive a vehicle or do activities that require alertness after taking estazolam, as this drug can cause drowsiness.
- Tell your doctor if you have or are currently suffering from kidney disease, liver disease, myasthenia gravis, asthma, COPD, depression, or suicidal ideation.
- Do not give estazolam to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning a pregnancy.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements and herbal products.
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages or grapefruit during treatment with estazolam, because it can increase the risk of side effects.
- See your doctor immediately if you have an allergic drug reaction, serious side effect, or overdose after taking estazolam.
Dose and Rules for Use of Estazolam
This medication should only be used for a short period of time, about 1–2 weeks. The following is a general dosage of estazolam to treat insomnia:
- Mature: 1-2 mg taken before bed.
- seniors: 0.5–1 mg taken before bed.
How to Consume estazolam correctly
Use estazolam as directed by your doctor and read the instructions for use on the package. Estazolam can be taken before or after meals. Take this medicine when you want to sleep.
The increase or decrease in the dose of estazolam should be done according to the doctor's advice to avoid drug dependence. Call your doctor if insomnia does not improve within 7–10 days of treatment with estazolam.
Consult your doctor first before stopping taking estazolam, because taking the drug suddenly can cause withdrawal symptoms and worsen insomnia. The doctor will reduce the dose of estazolam gradually.
To help overcome insomnia, apply it too sleep hygiene, namely by not consuming caffeinated drinks before bedtime, sleeping on a regular schedule, not taking too long naps, and creating a comfortable atmosphere for sleeping.
Store estazolam in a dry and cool place. Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight and keep the medicine out of reach of children.
Estazolam Interactions with Other Drugs
There are several effects of drug interactions that can occur when estazolam is used with other drugs, namely:
- Significantly increased levels and effects of estazolam can be fatal when used with ketoconazole or itraconazole
- Increased risk of side effects from estazolam and sodium oxybate
- Increased drowsiness and impaired central nervous system function when used with alprazolam, diazepam, clonazepam, triazolam, codeine, or morphine
- Increased blood levels of estazolam when used with erythromycin, nefazodone, or fluvoxamine
- Decreased blood levels of estazolam when used with barbiturates, carbamazepine, phenytoin, or rifampicin
Side Effects and Dangers estazolam
A number of potential side effects after taking this drug include:
- Sleepiness in the morning and afternoon
- Fatigue especially in the morning
- Movement coordination disorders
- Muscles feel stiff
- Legs hurt
- Constipation (constipation)
- Behavioral disorders
- dry mouth
- Stomach ache
If the above side effects do not improve within a few days, contact your doctor. Immediately see a doctor if you experience an allergic drug reaction or serious side effects, such as:
- memory loss
- Desire to commit suicide
- Restless and confused