Although it does not have a fresh and attractive color like other types of vegetables, the benefits of cauliflower are many. This pale colored vegetable is rich in vitamins and minerals as well as benefits that can nourish your body.
Cauliflower contains antioxidants, fiber, potassium, isothiocyanate (including sulfur compounds) and high levels of folic acid. This content can help prevent various diseases, as well as repair and help the growth of body tissues.
Various Benefits of Cauliflower
In addition to the various nutritional contents and benefits above, cauliflower still has a row of other benefits that can make you want to eat it immediately, such as:
- Lose weight
If you want to have a lean body or have a healthy weight, cauliflower can be the solution. With a fairly high fiber content, cauliflower is the right choice of intake in your diet.
- Lowering the risk of cancer
Not only broccoli can help you in lowering the risk of cancer, cauliflower also contains nutrients needed to protect the body from cancer. Cauliflower contains phytonutrients, antioxidants, sulforaphane, and indole-3-cardinol which can help reduce the risk of cancer.
- Increase bone strengthIn 100 grams of cauliflower, there is at least about 15% vitamin K content. The vitamin K content can help maintain bone health. Vitamin K can increase calcium absorption and bone density, which is expected to reduce the risk of osteoporosis and fractures.
- Improve digestive healthCauliflower is not only rich in fiber, but this vegetable also contains water. Both of these ingredients are known to be good for preventing constipation and maintaining a healthy digestive tract.
In addition to those mentioned above, other benefits of cauliflower include helping improve memory, lowering cholesterol levels, lowering blood pressure, increasing insulin sensitivity, and reducing the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
Method Serve Cauliflower
Now you already know the various benefits of cauliflower, right? Come on, take the benefits of cauliflower by enjoying it in a variety of preparations. One of them is the processed cauliflower stir fry below, which you and your family can enjoy together.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 2 tablespoons (tbsp) olive oil
- Shallots, to taste
- Spring onions, to taste, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp water
- teaspoon (tsp) salt
- tsp pepper
How to make:
- First, cut the cauliflower and then steam it for about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, then sauté the shallots and scallions with salt and lemon juice until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower pieces, then add enough water, salt and fresh pepper to the pan. Saute until cooked on medium heat.
- Remove and ready to serve.
Cauliflower is proven to contain many nutrients that are important for body health. In addition, cauliflower is also easy to cook as a healthy dish. So there is no reason not to include cauliflower in your daily healthy menu.