Iliadin is useful for relieving nasal congestion caused by acute rhinitis, sinusitis, or allergic rhinitis. Iliadin is available in two dosage forms, namely drops and nasal spray.
Iliadin contains the active ingredient oxymetazoline. Iliadin is available in the form of nasal drops (drop) and nasal spray (spray).
Iliadin nasal drops 0.025% contains 0.25 mg of oxymetazoline in every 1 ml. This preparation is intended for children aged 2-6 years. Meanwhile, Iliadin nasal spray 0.05% contains 0.5 mg of oxymetazoline in every 1 ml. This preparation is intended for children aged over 6 years and adults.
What is Iliadin
|group||Limited over-the-counter drugs|
|Benefit||Relieve nasal congestion due to acute rhinitis, acute and chronic sinusitis, and allergic rhinitis|
|Used by||Adults and children|
|Drug form||Nasal drops and spray|
Precautions Before Using Iliadin
There are several things you should pay attention to before using Iliadin, including:
- Do not use Iliadin if you are allergic to this drug. Tell your doctor about any allergies you have.
- Do not give Iliadin to patients with the following conditions, except on doctor's instructions: sufferers rhinitis sicca, heart disease, pheochromocytoma, diabetes, glaucoma, hyperthyroidism, or an enlarged prostate gland. Do not use Iliadin if you are on treatment with an MAOI.
- Talk to your doctor about using Iliadin if you are taking herbal medicines, supplements, or other medicines.
- Do not use Iliadin for a long period of time, especially without consulting your doctor first, because this can increase the risk of side effects or actually worsen nasal congestion.
- Consult your doctor first about using Iliadin if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- See your doctor immediately if you have an allergic drug reaction or serious side effects after using Iliadin.
Dosage and Rules for Use of Iliadin
The dosage of Iliadin varies, depending on the age of the patient and the type of preparation used. Read the information on the drug packaging before using Iliadin. In general, to relieve nasal congestion, the dosage of Iliadin according to the dosage form is as follows:
- Iliadine drops (drop) 0.025% for children aged 2-6 years, the dose is 2-3 drops, 2 times a day. The medicine is dripped into the nostril.
- Iliadin spray (spray) 0.05% for children over 6 years of age and adults, 2-3 times a day, 2 times a day. The medicine is sprayed into the nostrils.
The length of treatment will be determined by the doctor. Avoid using this medicine for more than 7 days in a row without a doctor's advice or supervision.
How to Use Iliadin Correctly
Read the information and instructions for use listed on the package before using this medicine and follow the doctor's advice.
Use Iliadin according to the recommended dosage. Do not increase the dose or extend the duration of use of the drug without consulting your doctor first.
Iliadin is only used by means of drops or sprayed into the nose, not taken by mouth. If the drug is accidentally swallowed or swallowed, immediately consult a doctor.
Iliadin should not be used with other people, even if they have the same symptoms. Check with your doctor if your condition doesn't improve or gets worse after 7 days of using Iliadin.
Store Iliadin at room temperature and away from direct sunlight. Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
If you are using Iliadin in drops, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and then pat dry. Blow your nose and clean your nose with running water or a tissue first. Remove the bottle cap, for the first use, spray the medicine into the air so that the liquid in the bottle comes out.
If the liquid is cloudy or colored, then do not use. Position the child on his back with his head up. Aim the pipette perpendicular to the nose, as much as possible to avoid contact of the tip of the pipette with the nose. Then, put the medicine in each nostril according to the dose prescribed by the doctor, and hold the head in an upturned position for 2 minutes.
Clean the pipette that has been used with running water and then dry it. Wash hands with soap and running water after using this medicine.
If you are using Iliadin nasal spray, the first time you use it, remove the bottle cap and spray into the air first until the liquid comes out. If the liquid is cloudy or colored, then do not use. Before spraying the medicine into your nose, blow your nose and clean your nose with running water or a tissue.
With your head held high, insert the tip of the bottle into one nostril, as deep as the nostril. Spray the medicine gently into the nose. Also spray the medicine into the other nostril in the same way.
When finished, rinse the end of the bottle with running water until clean, then dry. Make sure the bottle is tightly closed.
Iliadin Interactions with Other Drugs
Interactions that can occur if oxymetazoline is used with drugs that have the effect of increasing blood pressure are at risk of developing high blood pressure (hypertension).
Iliadin Side Effects
There are several side effects that can occur after using Iliadin, including:
- dry nose
- Hot or sore feeling in the nose
Check with a doctor if the complaints mentioned above do not go away or get worse. See your doctor right away if you have an allergic reaction to a drug or experience more serious side effects, such as:
- Headache or very dizzy
- Irregular, slow, or pounding heartbeat
- Sleep disorders, such as insomnia
- Anxious or restless